The Michigan-based concrete reinforcement manufacturer is making a significant contribution to help build durable new homes for families in need.
Helix Steel is pleased to announce a new course, Alternative Concrete Reinforcement Materials, that is registered with AIA and RCEP for continuing education/professional development credit for civil and structural engineers and architects. The course is hosted by Ron Blank & Associates and can be accessed through this link.
- Course title: Alternative Concrete Reinforcement Materials
- Course Number: HEL03A (AIA); 164029 (RCEP)
- Course Credit: 1 AIA LU/HSW CE Hour. 1 RCEP PDH
Navigating through building codes can sometimes be a challenge for even the seasoned professional at times. Join us in this hour course as we focus on how performance-based building codes are developed. Design professionals will learn how alternative allowances are there to help keep the door open for innovation in the marketplace. Innovation in terms of structural and another area, such as fire, where performance-based design and alternative methods are routinely used. We will also examine how that alternative process of code allowance is incorporated, while focusing on the subject of concrete reinforcement; and lastly, it is our hope that you will grasp a better understanding of the process for your next project.
- Identify how building codes effect innovation in the space of concrete construction.
- Define and implement the code process in order to meet performance standards and show how these codes provide ways to meet the performance standards through innovation and technology. This will also include alternative allowances that are in the codes.
- Explain the purpose of ISO evaluation reports, such as ICC and IAPMO which are used to demonstrate compliance for these bodies in certifying products, processes that are not necessarily spelled out in the building codes.
- Examine applications through examples of how this process is implemented to provide value by analyzing at several different projects.
Helix Steel Partners with Habitat for Humanity International in National Affordable Housing Initiative
New ICC-ES Report Offers Savings When Helix Steel’s Innovative Concrete Reinforcement is Specified
This latest report ensures that architects, ICF/residential contractors and ready mixers are able to reduce costs, work faster and create…
Helix Steel Announces Additions to Sales Staff
Helix Steel is pleased to announce the recent hires of Al Juarez and Thomas Lambert to the Helix sales team.…