Helix Steel is proud to announce that Dan Lucas has been promoted to Sales Manager. Lucas has long been a key sales representative at the concrete reinforcement innovator, working from the company’s early years of growth.
Helix Steel is pleased to announce a new course, Alternative Concrete Reinforcement Materials, that is registered with AIA and RCEP for continuing education/professional development credit for civil and structural engineers and architects. The course is hosted by Ron Blank & Associates and can be accessed through this link.
- Course title: Alternative Concrete Reinforcement Materials
- Course Number: HEL03A (AIA); 164029 (RCEP)
- Course Credit: 1 AIA LU/HSW CE Hour. 1 RCEP PDH
Navigating through building codes can sometimes be a challenge for even the seasoned professional at times. Join us in this hour course as we focus on how performance-based building codes are developed. Design professionals will learn how alternative allowances are there to help keep the door open for innovation in the marketplace. Innovation in terms of structural and another area, such as fire, where performance-based design and alternative methods are routinely used. We will also examine how that alternative process of code allowance is incorporated, while focusing on the subject of concrete reinforcement; and lastly, it is our hope that you will grasp a better understanding of the process for your next project.
- Identify how building codes effect innovation in the space of concrete construction.
- Define and implement the code process in order to meet performance standards and show how these codes provide ways to meet the performance standards through innovation and technology. This will also include alternative allowances that are in the codes.
- Explain the purpose of ISO evaluation reports, such as ICC and IAPMO which are used to demonstrate compliance for these bodies in certifying products, processes that are not necessarily spelled out in the building codes.
- Examine applications through examples of how this process is implemented to provide value by analyzing at several different projects.
Helix Steel Announces New Sales Manager
Helix Steel & Specification Products Introduce New Innovative Carbon Reducing Solution
Infinity Slab™ with Helix Steel and E5® eliminates traditional curing and densifying methods, reduces shrinkage, and reduces curling while helping to minimize volume loss from the concrete application.
Helix Micro Rebar Concrete Reinforcement Ranked as Top Highway Repair Material
Helix Steel’s concrete reinforcement succeeds as a leading concrete repair product in a three-year test on the Minnesota highway system.