The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot, and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or spool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Reads and interprets diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Perform necessary pre-operation quality check activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment.
- Fix machines and frequent checks for wire breaks and spool changes.
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops. (Must be able to follow the break time schedules.)
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials.
- Housekeeping and sanitation (Safety glasses, hearing protection, and steel toe shoes are always worn while on the production floor. All scrap materials must be properly maintained, and the production floor is swept clean at the end of a shift.)
- Knowledge of production procedures
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on a team
- Handle heavy equipment
- Work independently; Multitask
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while frequently bending, twisting, stooping, and reaching. Could be required to periodically lift up to 50 lbs.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Work under immediate supervision of Shift Lead. Reports to Plant Operations Manager.
Company offers 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurance.
Teamwork is one of our core values at Helix Steel, and we believe that the strongest teams are made up of people with diverse experiences. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Interested in applying for the Machine Operator position?
Download the Helix Steel Job Application, or apply through the form below.